Code of Ethics and Company Values
Pilates Instructors believe in and abide by these ethics and values:
(As proposed by the Pilates Method Alliance)
- We maintain the integrity of the original Pilates method, incorporating the heritage and experience of Swissbody®’s training.
- We teach safely, designing programs according to individual client needs.
- We maintain client confidentiality.
- We direct our clients to seek medical attention when necessary, and work with medical practitioners as appropriate.
- We do not discriminate against clients or colleagues on any level.
- We do not intentionally solicit other Pilates professional’s clients, and do not breach Swissbody® confidentiality.
- We treat clients and colleagues with respect, truth, fairness and integrity.
- We foster teamwork and mutual respect among staff and business colleagues.
- We comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual property laws.
- We maintain a professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- We do not misrepresent our skills, training, professional credentials, identity or services.
- We continue our Pilates education (minimum 30 hours per year) and regular personal training to enhance our skills and knowledge in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients.
- We encourage our colleagues and clients to maintain a healthy lifestyle, incorporating body, mind and spirit.
The Swissbody® Pilates Method
Pilates is not just another exercise program claiming to make you fit and lean in 10 days. It is a complete coordination of mind, body, and spirit which provides a quality of movement that will change your life.